Sep 13, 2008

MILLIONS OF PEACHES, PEACHES FOR ME

My poor little Charlie Brown peach tree has done it again!. Every year I think it is it's last but it still presses forward and gives me sweet juicy fruit.




I got 14 pints from it plus we ate and ate fresh ones for days.

I love to can and don't know exactly why. I guess it's seeing all that beautiful fruit and all those healthy vegetables sitting in the pantry that gives me a real sense of accomplishment.

My Mom used to love ironing and I hate it but I guess it was the same thing.


Yesterday we had a canning party. Bekah brought her peaches over and Liz came up and Emma dropped her boys off for a while and joined us later. It was really fun seeing the 4 boys finally at that age where they are starting to play together. They are all going to turn 3 in the next few months.

We got 21 quarts done. I'd say a very fun and successful day!

No comments: