Aug 13, 2010

MASTERING THE “MASTER”

Our house was built in the 70’s. I don’t know, but I guess having a nice spacious bathroom back then didn’t seem to matter. It measures 4ft. x 5ft. with a 3ft. x 3ft. shower. Both of my daughter’s master bathrooms are bigger than my bedroom. Of course they have nice new homes.
Anyway, we moved into our house 18 years ago and with 7 kids, you don’t do a lot of renovating when all you are worrying about is feeding and clothing them.
The time has come and gone for some major renovation and during the last couple of years I have been working on it bit by bit. I’ve done my Living Room, Kitchen, Dining Room, Front Bathroom and now my Teeny, Tiny Master Bathroom.
Of course I needed a little help so I called over 1/2 of the matched set and put him to work…
IMG_0858
We had nasty cold tile on the floor that I hated so my little plumber and his crack helped me pull it up…
IMG_0859
I worked him hard…
IMG_0866
At this point he stops and says to me, “Gwams, can we take a bwake? My back hurts!” (His Mom has been having back problems lately)…
So we stop for Popsicles and Ding Dongs and then carry on…
IMG_0867
All done…
IMG_0870
Now let me back up. I forgot to take before pictures as usual but here is the old vanity we took out…
DSC05118
It’s on it’s way to the basement bathroom because even if it is ugly it is way better than the one down there and basement dwellers who live for free really don’t care.
Here is the old mirror…
DSC05062
It’s going to the dump! (So I can exchange it for something way more fun!)
I put in a new window…
DSC05087
New vanity and floor…
DSC05092
New sink…
DSC05093
New towel holder…
DSC05085
Old towel rack. I’ve had it for a few years now…
DSC05082
New artwork and mirror…
DSC05090
All done…
DSC05088
So there you have it, my teeny tiny master bathroom dressed to the nines.

10 comments:

Lori said...

beautiful!!!!!! man, you are good! i love the new dresser cabinet and the sink...and everything!

Debby said...

My bathrooms are tiny as well.....60''s, I think. I love what you did. I want a bowl like that. But, I really love the vanity....that is really cute. So glad you had help, hah.

cindy said...

Ooo boy, that looks so awesome! I'm assuming you used the same painting technique on the sink vanity that you did with the turquoise-ish one?

I'm totally inspired. And good on ya for raising 7 kids. I've got just 6...oldest two married now, but no grands yet. *sigh*

Anne Fannie said...

You did a great job! I love that towel rack on the wall!
I also like your cute little helper!

NanaDiana said...

Just found you through DIY.. I can relate being a Mother and Grandmother to 8 -lol I am signing up as your newest follower and will be back to read old posts as soon as I can. Loving your blog- Diana

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

SO SO SO pretty!!!

Brandi Nell said...

Hey there! Just found you through the DIY Showoff! Love, Love, Love your projects! They are absolutely fab! I am your newest follower! Pop over to my blog sometime!

www.brandinell.blogspot.com

xoxo,
Brandi Nell

Ashley said...

Wow! Beautiful! Found you through the DIY Showoff. I too have a house built in the 70's with a very similar master bath that needs a total gut and redo. Actually the whole house needs tlc. And we are trying to do it with a 1 and a 3 year old running around in the midst of it all! Thank you so much for sharing all your projects! You have definitely given me some inspiration and I am your newest follower!

Unknown said...

I love your style! Your post is so funny, and it makes it seem that the bathroom got done in a couple hours one afternoon. LOVE the sink!

Prior said...

I love your blog~ so funny and precious with the grand kids and I love the mater bath redo! We've done ours, too! I would love for you to take a look ~

http://priorlives.blogspot.com/2010/05/bathroom-trio-tour-master-bath.html

Lezlee